Monday, December 19, 2011

(Glass)... Painting the midnight sky.


I can't remember when I made this, it was a few years ago. 
I only remember that it was quite a lot of work.


Take a square vase and position a picture on the inside of the vase.
I used Pres-stick to secure the picture to the glass. Put the vase on it's side and
use the gold out liner to draw your picture on the glass.
Wait for each side to dry completely. (at least 24 hours) Do all four sides.


Colour your pictures the way you like, using your glass paint.
First do all the little houses, and let it dry completely. When you do the sky
you can tilt the vase while the paint is still wet so that the colours can mix and blend.
Remove the bubbles with a tooth pick.


Although I don't do glass painting any more, this is still one of my favourites.
During Christmas time I like lighting a candle inside this little village.

Candles are magic....  colours are magic.....



No comments:

Post a Comment