Friday, July 4, 2014

No Rules

As part of my Colour therapy, I decided to have no rules
while doing this project.
Rules gives us direction, but it can also
be very limiting. 
I have no formal art training so I kept my ears and 
eyes open when reading articles as I started on my journey
of paper crafting. 

So on these pages my only guideline was to keep it colourful,
If you look closely, you will see a lot of techniques.
It doesn't really matter what you do, the main thing is you 
need to enjoy the whole process.


I printed a lot of  my favorite quotes, cut the words out and
pasted it where ever I felt like.


I used stamps and stencils and inks.
Glitter, (as always) in many forms and ways.
Pens and sprays.
Everything that made me feel good and that looked good!


I chose water colour paper for the pages, because it can take a 
lot of beating and still survive.
Some places the colour from the back side came through, 
then I worked with it or around it,
but as I said, no rules.

This is a form of Art Journaling. Have a look at this website 
to see the professionals do it.


Try this yourself and use all your "stuff "and techniques.
It is relaxing. It is therapy! Create with no rules.

I will post more pages and show you how I will 
transform these pages into a book.
Maybe sew it, or bind it.....
don't know yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment