Friday, December 12, 2014

Revamping the old sand bag.

The sand bag in my laundry was looking terrible for a long time
and it was time for a new cover.
These pieces of fabric are off cuts that I bought 
at "Kamers vol geskenke", or as they are now known,
KAMERS.
Heavy duty upholstery fabric is from Design Team.
A South African based company that prints
beautiful designs.  


Some of the pieces of fabric I cut smaller and 
others I left the same.
Then I stitched them together and ironed the seams.


Then it was time for the top stitching.


I did some more measurements and sew along the long edge
of the bag, then stitched the short ends. 
Then I turned it inside out and slided the 
old bag into it's new cover, through the opening I have left at the side.


It was so quick and easy, 
but you do need the right fabric. 


I plan to make some coasters with the pieces of fabric that are left over.

But for now I will be taking a break for a couple of weeks.
I hope to see all of you again in the new year. Have a wonderful 
holiday and take good care of yourself.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment